Search

Half Board

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 05:43 AM
carol

Half Board

Could someone please explain what half board means?

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 05:48 AM
Jim

Carol,<BR>It is usually the per person rate charge if you care to have breakfast and (lunch or dinner)with your stay. Depending on where you are visiting, it could be a good deal

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:07 AM
Ed

Full-board, or "American Plan" is all meals included. Half-board, or Modified American Plan (MAP) is breakfast plus either lunch or dinner (most commonly dinner, though sometimes you have a choice.) Called "pension" and "half pension" in some places.<BR><BR>Most common in resort areas, rare in cities. Quite often optional, though it's not unusual to be mandatory, especially at peak periods.<BR><BR>Usually a good deal, though sometimes more food than you would normally eat. Note that beverages (other than tap water) are usually not included.<BR><BR>In many situations you may choose, day by day, to not take the second meal and receive (usually partial) credit; advance notice required, often by 10am, usually no later than noon. <BR><BR>

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:14 AM
Paige

I've had halfboard at a few places and liked it ok, but in general I don't care for it. Usually the dinner includes a few courses besides the main course that I don't really want and the choices are limited. Sometimes there's a fixed menu and that's it. Generally all drinks, even mineral water, are extra.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:18 AM
JOdy

Usually if you don't like what is offered on the half board menu, most often 3 courses, you can choose from the regular menu for a supplemental price. It often is a very good deal.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:38 AM
ttt

Topping.