Gusto, Rome, Italy

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 10:59 AM
Barbara Rossetti

Gusto, Rome, Italy

I was seated at Gusto Restaurant in Rome. But the waiter never waited on me. (Solo woman traveler) He waited on the couples (man and woman) on both sides of me but competely ignored me. I left and went to another restaurant.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:23 PM
Nutella

Barbara, the same thing happened to me at a restaurant in Lucca. I sat and waited while tables all around me, who were seated later, ordered and were served. I was fuming, got up to leave, and told the waitress I didn't appreciate being ignored. She looked genuinely surprised, telling me that she thought I was waiting for my husband to park the car and join me. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, sat back down and received excellent service for the entire meal : )

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Alice Twain

Barbara and nutella:

Is is rather uncommon in Italy that a soo eprson seats and has a meal at a restaurant all alone, except in office areas. I am not astonished that the waiters had you wait. They were not trying to be disurteous, they must have really thought that you were waiting for someone.

Nutella: there are better choccolate creams in Italy than nutella, next time you come over to Italy look for Novi cream or for the superb gian d'la duja.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Nutella

AT, thanks, I will check out those others, just out of curiosity. But I would NEVER switch loyalties. Besides, what would I do with all my monogrammed hankies? : )

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Alice Twain

nutella:

If, next time you happen to be in Italy, you happen to hit a jar of Domori Gem spread (very costly but really above anything else I have ever tasted) you will WANT to throw away all your monogranned stuff. ^_____^