Reload this Page >

Guided walking tours - Prague, Budapest, Vienna

Old May 18th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
We are leaving in 9 days (!) for our trip to Central Europe, with 4 nights each in Prague, Vienna and Budapest. I've done quite a bit of research, but I've yet to decide on a walking tour in each of the three cities. We are a fit couple in our thirties, and we enjoy guided walking tours, mostly in history with perhaps some architecture.

I'm interested in hearing about people's personal experiences with walking tours in these cities. A personal guide would also be of interest, but I'd like to know the cost as well. (Sometimes it seems expensive when it's just for the two of us!)

Thanks in advance,
Darcie
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:18 AM

We are doing the same trip at the end of June so please let me know how you made out. I have also been looking for private guides and the only recommendations that I have received have been for Prague. Click on my screen name and you'll see the thread. Have fun
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 03:07 PM

Hi!
My name is Bela Lukacs and I am a private guide in Budapest. I do tours around Budapest and the countryside as well as transfers to different cities. Vienna, Bratislava, Salzburg, Munchen etc.
The average tour of Budapest lasts 3-4 hours.
The Danube Band tour lasts 6-8 hours.
I can arrange any combination-tour for you.

If you are interested in any of those tours or you have your ideas of what you would like to visit in Hungary, please let me know and I will plan the schedule.

[email protected]
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 03:12 PM

Goumbare: It might help you get business if you tell people the rate of pay you require.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 01:54 AM

For a wonderful tour guide in Prague and the Czech Republic, see http://sweb.cz/travelcz
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 03:05 PM

Goumbare: I was thinking that you would maybe get more inquiries if you posted the cost.I was in Budapest last summer and availed myself of a private guide like yourself and was very pleased with the service.The costs were also like yours a real bargain.Good luck in your endeavors.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

We've been back for almost 3 weeks... We ended up only taking a tour in Prague: with Wittman tours. Awesome tour. Kinda pricey, but we really enjoyed it. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the topic. I would recommend it to anyone.
Darcie