Guide in Barcelona

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Jim

Guide in Barcelona

My wife and I will be in Barcelona for four days in mid September. I am interested in obtaining the srvices of a guide (preferably with a car) to show us the city and the outlying areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, has anyone attended the bullfights in Barcelona? Is it worth seeing?

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Escritora

Barcelona's city home page might help. The English version is at www.bcn.es/english/ihome.htm. You also could post a query on the www.madridman.com "All-Spain Message Board". If all else fails, post again--I can ask my two friends in Barcelona (my own personal tour guides) if they can recommend anyone.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 02:31 PM
Jean Valjean

I have not seen that kind of service being provided. The best service available, IMHO, is the Bus Turistic. It is quite convenient. You may want to check www.tmb.net, the web page for public transportation in Barcelona. Most of the information about the Bus Turistic is readily available in English. <BR> <BR>About bullfights, Catalans are not big fans of bullfighting. If I recall correctly, Barcelona is not even one of the important bullrings. Probably you'll be able to see a minor "corrida" if you are going to be there on a sunday. However, I would recommend trying to secure tickets for seeing a soccer match. A game at Camp Nou can be quite an experience.

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 02:58 PM
Carol

Try Magical Spain,www.magicalspain.com <BR>I am doing a walking tour of Seville, a day tour to Cordoba, and a day tour to the white hill towns outside of Seville with them. They came highly reccommended to me by a friend. Thay also do private (small groups) tours in Madrid and Barcelona.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 12:52 PM
karen

Please let me know where you end up in Barcelona. My husband and I are looking for Memorial Weekend 2002 for one week. Barcelona and some beach afterwards. <BR>Youre experience will help. <BR>Thank you