Greek Islands Weather, October

Oct 5th, 2000, 01:39 PM
Sally

Greek Islands Weather, October

I am going to be in Athens and the Greek Islands the last two weeks of October. What is the weather going to be like? Do I need to take both summer and fall clothes?

Oct 5th, 2000, 03:05 PM
lottie_jones

Hi Sally! Athens the last two weeks of October is usually in the mid to high 60s, although it can get up to about 80F or down to the high 50s. As for the islands, they are not all the same, so it really depends on where you are going. For example, Crete will be warmer than Athens, while Mytilini will be cooler. Here's a good weather site for Greece that has historical information: http://www.wunderground.com/global/GR.html
Just go to the appropriate community which will give you the current weather, and scroll down to enter the date for historical information.
One thing about the islands in late October is they tend to be windy, and in many locations, the hotel rooms aren't well heated and are somewhat drafty.
As to what to wear, in part it depends on you weather tolerance. I live in a very Northern state, and I wear summer clothes in October. My siblings live in the south and they wear winter clothes!