Search

Greece question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 02:21 PM
George

Greece question

As someone who likes good food, nice accomodation, a LITTLE nightlife and plenty of historical places to visit , as well as good beaches which islnds to visit and which to avoid like the plague??????

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Sue

Hi,<BR><BR>Rhodes fits your requirements, except I thought the food there was ordinary. Maybe you could find better places to eat. Wonderful medevil city and lovely Greek town of Lindos with a Parthaeon on the hill. There are great beaches and winerys. Take a day trip or over night to Symi. It is truely a beautiful harbor. Also try Crete. It is big and has a lot of things to see, ancient to medevil, plus beaches and upscale accomodations. I love Santorini for the view. Myconos has beaches, great food and there are day trips to Dilos which is an ancient sacred island next to Myconos. I have not been to many others, but there are so many islands. You will be able to find the ones for you.<BR><BR>Have fun.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:37 PM
fiona

agree with Sue. Have just recently returned from Lindos and would love to go back soon!!!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Gar

hi there,<BR>hm, good food and Greece ... Well, thats another story. If YOu dont need to go to an island I would recommand Thessaloniki. Lot of culture, not far from the beaches of Chalkidiki, the famous Mount Athos, the Olymp ... <BR>have fun<BR>Gar

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Susan

Greece and good food is an oxymoron<BR>Greece and good beaches " " "" <BR>Greece and nice accommodation " " <BR>Of all the countries in the world this place has to take the cake as one of the worst places I have visited and it also has the rudest people too. <BR>The islands are treeless boring places and the historical sites have been let go to ruin. <BR>Greece is the pits!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Sheila

I fundamentally disagree with the last poster.<BR><BR>Another place you might consider is Crete. It has all the things you want spread out over a large area.<BR><BR>You can also find the things you don't want, but you can avoid them easily

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Susan

Sheila:<BR>I guess the answer here is that I am not looking at Greece from the UK either - that may make Greece look better!