Greece 2 weeks in late September, 2020

Old Aug 27th, 2020, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greece 2 weeks in late September, 2020

Hello, I am now thinking of rather travelling to Greece for 2 weeks (instead of Germany - would need a lot of research, haven't a clue: I know Greece) - so far we are open to Greece as they are to us: I can, also, having looked on Easyjet, get a flight there (flights are now not as easy to negotiate as before) - we will mainly stick to the mainland, the Pe;loponnese - shall hire a car: also, it is relatively easy to just find a place as one arrives: I do realise one has to fill in this form, PLF - passenger locator form.
I would appreciate any help, input?
Thanks
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 10:40 AM

It is hard to answer because so much depends on where exactly, and how particular you are about accommodations. A lot of these places are not at all large. The Peloponnese is an easy place to travel in my experience. I'd flesh out the trip some first, then scope out accommodations so you at least have some ideas going in.
I use Booking.com, which often has free cancellations but read carefully.
Old Aug 29th, 2020, 01:15 AM

Late September should be a good time to travel around the Peloponnese. Suggest you book in advance for Athens, but outside the city you will have more flexibility. Using booking.com to get a head start and make a shortlist of accommodation is a good idea, but I prefer contacting hotels directly for reservations. Turning up at a hotel hoping for a vacancy would work, but you may waste a lot of time that way.

Now that we all have mobile phones with internet access it would be possible to call ahead a day or two in advance as you go along to book the rooms. I’ve done that on the islands, it works very well, with most hotels happy to set aside a vacant room at short notice. You can do your internet searching on free wifi at most cafes and small restaurants.
Old Aug 30th, 2020, 10:07 AM

I'm returning to The Peloponnese in a couple of weeks. I like to book up everything in advance but that's just me!
it's quieter in September so you should be ok to sort things out when you get there but that's up to you.
I'm not sure if you have been to the Peloponnese before but if you haven't my website has loads of info that you may find ihelpfu; /nteresting-
My Website is called - Gruntie's travels.

Whatever you do I am sure you will have a great time.