Reload this Page >

Great Spas in Eastern Europe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Curt

Any suggestions on great spas in Eastern Europe that are reasonably priced are appreciated. <BR> <BR>Curt <BR>[email protected]

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Georgine

Dear Curt, <BR> <BR>I'm not certain how to interpret "great"--but we have enjoyed : <BR> Karlovy Vary - Czech Republic <BR> Miskolctapulca - Hungary <BR> Bardejov Kapele - Slovakia <BR> <BR>Each had a totally different character. <BR> <BR>Karlovy Vary is an old-world, aristocratic town with thermal springs for drinking along with thermal waters for soaking. Promenading along the river from spring-to-spring is very much part of the experience. The town is lovely with lots of elegant hotels.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 04:09 AM
Agnicia

Absolutely must see is Krakow in poland. if you have a while I will also recommend Zakopane - a hidden pearl. <BR>

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Marc David Miller

I second for Karlovy Vary--it was "Karlsbad" before WWII and was always an elegant part of Mitteleuropa. Curiously, most tourists there now are from Russia (besides Germany). <BR> <BR>Some travel magazine this month has an article on "bargain elegance" and rates Karlovy Vary high in this regard--the TOP hotel room is less than $200/night, and a secondary hotel room could easily be gotten for around $100 (high season!).

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Marc David Miller

I think the issue mentioned above is the June 2001 of Condé Nest Traveller.