Reload this Page >

Great pensione in Prague

Search

Great pensione in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 1997, 01:46 PM
Joe

Great pensione in Prague

My wife and I were in Prague Aug. 6-10 and stayed in a great, modestly priced pensione in Mala Strana -- Penzion Dientzenhofer. It's managed by the owners, a warm and charming couple. We paid ca. $72 per day for a large room with bath plus breakfast. It's near the Charles Bridge and our room (#2) looked over a small garden toward Kampa Island. We were concerned about taxi scams;the managers sent a cab to meet us at the train station (we called when we arrived) and drove us to the airport -- all at fixed rates. Great place to stay and wonderful location. The phone no. is 245 11 11 93. E-mail me if you have questions.

Old Aug 19th, 1997, 09:26 AM
Luiz Machado

For how many people is this room ? Do you think 3 people can stay in one room ? Is there a curfew in this hotel ? Is it the same price for 3??

Old Aug 19th, 1997, 11:49 AM
Joe

It's a good sized B&B; I'm confident that they have rooms for 3 people. You'll need to check with them on prices. I've checked my notes and realize that the phone no. that I posted in my original message must be wrong. The correct no. is 420-2-53-16-72; the fax is 420-2-5732-0888.

Old Sep 1st, 1997, 10:34 AM
MaryAnna

Is the pensione in a safe area, how far from old town and how did you hear of it. Do they take credit cards? Is the rate based on the room or the number of people?

Old Sep 3rd, 1997, 09:57 AM
Joe

In response to Mary Anna's questions, the pensione seemed to be in a very safe area and I learned about it through the Cadogan(sp?)guide to Prague. It's in Mala Strana (which I liked more than Old Town) near the Charles Bridge; Old Town is on the other side of the bridge -- an easy and pleasant walk. We were originally told that they didn't take credit cards but found they did when we arrived. I'm not sure whether the rate is based on the room or no. of persons; we asked for a double. I'd also like to reassure others that you can visit Prague without being cheated or robbed using nothing more than commonsense and normal precautions. We were there for several days and had a great time -- and felt that we got very good bargains both at the pensione and at restaurants in comparison to Berlin and Vienna.

Old Sep 25th, 1997, 09:01 AM
Joe

Moving message up for Kathy.