Reload this Page >

Grand Canal Noisy?

Search

Grand Canal Noisy?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 06:00 AM
Phil

Grand Canal Noisy?

We have a room booked at the Leon Bianco that has 3 windows oveam erlooking the Grand Canal in March. It sounds great but was wondering if it will be noisy with all the boat traffic. My wife is a light sleeper hence my question. Phil.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 06:14 AM
Mariarosa

Hey Phil - I imagine noise is relative (I live in NYC, there's always noise in the streets here). We are also going to the Leon Bianco in March 5-8 - when are you going?

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 06:17 AM
sandi

when we stayed at that hotel in late October, the only thing we remember hearing was a couple of sirens from the police boats. Sometimes, there was a delivery boat early in the morning but, unless you live out in the woods it was probably more quiet than your neighborhood streets. Venice practically shuts down at night. We slept w/ the windows open.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 06:51 AM
Phil

Hey Mariarosa, small world. We are probably taking your room. we start our visit on March 8!

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 07:32 AM
Mariarosa

Ja! Ja! No late check-out for us! (Just kidding - we are leaving in the AM anyways). Have a great trip!

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 07:37 AM
rlk

-- <BR>If your wife's a light sleeper, then you may consider bringing ear plugs. <BR>I was in Venice this past October, staying at the Hotel Galleria (overlooks the Grand Canal close to the Accademia Bridge) --- I too, am a light sleeper and found it a bit noisey for my tastes, particularly in the early morning (5am going forward). However part of the noise factor at the Hotel Galleria is due to being so close to a Vaporetto stop --- easily could hear the sound of the "bus boats" pulling in /out. <BR> <BR>On any future visit to Venice, and again I am a light sleeper, I plan to choose a hotel or room that doesn't overlook the Grand Canal.