Granada to Madrid

Old Jan 1st, 2000, 05:35 PM
Bob

Granada to Madrid

We need to travel from Granada to Madrid on Monday May 1, 2000. Other than by plane, what is the best way to make this trip? I have been assuming we would need to take a bus from Granada to Cordoba to pick up the AVE train. If this is correct, does anyone know how frequent the buses run and how to see bus schedules online? Will there be any problem with travel on May 1?

Old Jan 1st, 2000, 06:08 PM
Maribel

Bob, <BR>You can view train schedules from Cordoba or Granada to Madrid at www.renfe.es. The trip from Granada to Madrid via Talgo will take you a bit under 6 hrs. There are express busses from Granada to Cordoba that take less time than by train which requires a change in Bobadilla, and my Rough Guide to Andalucia says there are 7 daily, taking 2 1/2hrs, and the AVE trip up to Madrid will be another 1 3/4 hrs, plus time spent in connecting from bus to train in Cordoba. It seems quicker in the long run just to take the direct Talgo (a very comfortable train) directly from Granada to Madrid. <BR>Air Europa, I believe, has two daily flights (less expensive than Iberia) from Granada to Madrid-another option for you if cost is a factor. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Jan 1st, 2000, 06:31 PM
Maribel

Bob, <BR>Sorry, Air Europa has discontinued its flights on Granada-Madrid route-seems your only air carrier option is Iberia-better to take the train.

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 06:49 PM
Bob

Thanks for your comments. Actually the fare on Iberia is reasonable considering the extra time when the bus and train are combined. I would still prefer the bus/train route, but I can't find any information on bus schedules/availability on May 1. Any experience with that?

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 07:22 PM
Maribel

Bob, <BR>The bus company (Granada to Cordoba) is <BR>Alsina Graells Sur, but they don't have their schedule on the web-(nor does www.andalucia.com),just a phone#: <BR>958 25 13 58. Bus station is on Carretera de Ronda #97 They should have busses running on May 1 (Labor Day) but they might run on a weekend (abbreviated) schedule. <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 06:13 AM
jason loeb

hi everyone--hows the drive--i heard its 4 hours or so