Reload this Page >

Granada-Marbella-Sevilla

Search

Granada-Marbella-Sevilla

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:40 AM
elizabeth

Granada-Marbella-Sevilla

We're just back from Southern Spain and had a fabulous time in these three very different (from each other) locations. I'd be happy to answer any questions from someone planning to visit Granada, Marbella or Sevilla.<BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:57 AM
spanish

Would love info on your trip! Where did you stay in Marbella and Sevilla and what were the costs? How was the weather? Did you take day trips and where? Can you give a loose budget as we're trying to save some $ to go. How long in each place...etc. etc.!

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:16 AM
Elizabeth

We stayed at the Marbella Club which was fabulous and not as expensive as most hotels of that level of quality (but definitely not cheap either). In Sevilla we stayed at the Hotel Alfonso XIII which was a bit disappointing. The service and rooms were tired. But it is a beautiful building -- stop in for a drink. And you can't beat the location.<BR><BR>I think you can enjoy Southern Spain at any budget, as the area seemed reasonable overall. My husband grew up in the hotel business so he is what I would call a "hotel snob" so we usually splurge on hotels.<BR><BR>We just did 2 days in Granada, 2 in Marbella and 2 in Sevilla. Since we had such limited time, we didn't really venture out beyond these areas, but did enjoy the scenery when we drove between them.<BR><BR>The weather was not bad but we had some rain and periods of cloudiness throughout. It was pretty warm though -- especially in Sevilla.<BR><BR>We loved the Alhambra -- would go earlier in the day though and take a guided tour if I had it to do over. In Marbella, we just really liked the hotel -- the food, the beach and the pool. We just relaxed there. Sevilla was wonderful for walking around and seeing all the buildings. We did the corny horse carriage tour which was really a great way to get a quick overview, then walk to the places you want to explore. <BR><BR>You'll have a great time!

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:24 AM
Maribel

Elizabeth,<BR>We have friends (with a much larger travel budget than ours) who are debating between the Marbella Club and its sister, Puente Romano. Which would you suggest for a thirty-something couple?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:33 AM
Elizabeth

We went down to Puente Romano for dinner and weren't that impressed. I think the Marbella Club is supposed to be the creme de la creme -- and it certainly seemed up to snuff