Granada hotels near Palacio de Exposiciones y de Congresos de Granada

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am attending a conference in Granada in October, and would like to stay relatively close (e.g., within easy walking distance) to the conference center, Palacio de Exposiciones y de Congresos de Granada. Any thoughts on the following: Hotel Saray, Hotel San Anton, Best Western Dauro II? Budget: hoping to spend no more than $200/night. Thanks in advance.
Old May 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM

The Best Western Dauro II on Calle Navas provides a very good value (recent good reports here) but isn't close to the Palacio de Congresos-not within quick walking distance.

The much larger Saray (200 rooms) is right there next to the convention center along with the Andalucía Center, represented by Venere, also within walking distance.

www.venere.com

www.granadahotelsaray.com

The San Antón is about 3-4 blocks away, across the river.

www.hotelsanantongranada.com
Old May 10th, 2008, 07:01 PM
yk

I stayed at BW Dauro II in Feb 08. It is fine as a hotel, though not much "charm". Staff was friendly and helpful. But it doesn't sound like the hotel location will work for you. If you're interested to know more about BW Dauro II, you can look for my review on Tripadvisor (I have a similar moniker there).
Old May 11th, 2008, 12:15 PM

I suggest the Saray too. I stayed there some years ago and it was okay. Besides, has private parking. On weekends there are wedding celebrations in the halls, so ask for high floor rooms, just in case.
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies. I'm now wondering whether staying close to the convention center will mean that I will be relatively far from other interesting parts of town. Or does bus transportation run frequently near the convention center? (I won't have a car.)
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM

Granada has a good public bus system and a couple of lines (including #3 to the centra Gran Vía)) serve the Palacio de Congresos. The fare is 1.10 or buy a 5 euro "bono" for 7 rides. So you could stay at a more centrally location hotel and take the bus back and forth to your conference.

Like most congress centers, the Granada one is not within close walking distance to the major tourist attractions.