Reload this Page >

gotoday London/Paris hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Casey

Hi,<BR>I am looking at a Paris/London trip with Gotoday.com<BR>None of the hotels look too interesting.<BR>Any comments are apreiciated:<BR>It appears that you have to take them in pairs. The London/Paris choices are in order of expenselowest to highest)<BR><BR>Post House Kensington<BR>Cervantes Hotel<BR><BR>Plaza on Hyde Park<BR>Serotel Lutece<BR><BR>Drury Lane Moat House<BR>Terrass Hotel<BR><BR>Montcalm<BR>Goldebn St. Tulip Honore<BR><BR>London Land Mark<BR>Scribe Hotel.<BR><BR>I am willing to pay more for the better room and location, but only if it is truly better.<BR>I am traveling with 2 teenagers, so we don't need luxury, but I do want it to be nice.<BR>Any comments?<BR>Also are there any other package deals (I don't want a tour) that we should be looking into. I usually book myself, but this seems cheaper then we could do on our own, but I am uncomfortable with the hotel choices.So if anyone has experience with any of them plese let me know.<BR>Thanks for any input

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Casey

Please help me! I am really at unsure what I should do next as I can't find much info on any of these hotels.<BR>Are any of them any good?

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Sue

Casey, I'm not familiar with any of the hotels you mentioned. However, I did book a trip to Germany in 2001 through gotoday.com and found it to be a completely reputable organization. We didn't have any problems with our trip. Sorry I can't give you more help.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Andrea

Though I am not familiar with the Pris part of the pair, the Drury Lane Moat House is near the theater district in London. It is a business class hotel and has a good reputation. Your teen agers will be near Covent Gardens which is a lot of fun and activity.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Casey

Thabks.<BR>Anyone else care to help?

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Lesli

Have not stayed at any of these hotels, but have checked them out when considering a go-today trip in the past.<BR><BR>Based on price/location, I'd probably choose the Plaza on Hyde Park/Serotel Lutece. You're near Paddington/Oxford St. in London, within easy reach of the West End. In Paris, you're on the Left Bank (which I prefer, except maybe for the Marais), near the Luxemburg Gardens and rue Mouffetard market. Good Tube/Metro stations/lines near both. <BR><BR>Here's a web site w/more info on the Serotel: http://www.123france.com/europe/france/paris/hotels/holuteus.htm<BR> And one re the Plaza: http://www.londonnights.com/london-hotels-hplaza.htm<BR><BR>Both look fairly attractive and appear to have been refurbished fairly recently (though websites can be deceiving.)<BR>

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Teresa

Casey, the most known of the hotels you mention is the Plaza Hyde park and its location is very good. Hope it helps.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Casey

Thanks.<BR>It is nice to know that I don't have to use the most expensive options to be in a decent place!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:21 PM
ttt

topping for Casey

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Christina

I don't know the London hotels that well, but I would also go for the second pair -- Plaza on Hyde Park and the Serotel Lutece. I think it's the most acceptable for the Paris choice. The Cervantes is in an undesirable area, the Terrass is also not in a great location (near Pigalle)--it's a nice enough hotel but that's also not as convenient a location being up on the hill of Montmartre. The Golden Tulip Honore is in a more business area of Paris and probably not that interesting in the evening. The Scribe could be okay, but it's much more expensive -- it's near the Opera Garnier which wouldn't be my preference, but it is a convenient location for a tourist and I know people have liked stayed around there. The Serotel Lutece is a convenient location in the Latin Qtr in a less big-businessy area. The hotel looks comfortable enough, but you can judge that for yourself -- it's rather charmless and modern for my taste, but I would still pick that from the list given the others (and the go-today price does look very good for that hotel).<BR><BR>I think www.francevacations.net has a better selection of Paris hotels and perhaps better prices than go-today, but I don't know if they have any London combinations.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Casey

Hi Christina,<BR>Thanks so much.I will check on Francevacations.net now and see what I come up with.<BR>Casey

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Lesli

Topping for Casey.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 06:09 AM
Paul

We are also looking into this trip for the same week.(Good time for daughter not to miss much school). We will need a triple room.<BR>Which of the offered hotels have the largest rooms? <BR>Thank you sharing your experiences.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 03:34 PM
Mary

Hi,<BR>I am also looking Go Today information. Can any one be of any more help?(Please)<BR>I am sure that many of you must have used this company. How did you like their hotels? Is it wotrht it upgrading to the more expensive choices, or are they all just okay?<BR>Do you find it less expensive to just do it on your own? It seems that the airalone will be over 500 from the east coast, and then the hotel trnafers and the chunnel are also included in the price.<BR>Seems like a good value to me.<BR>Thanks for any thoughts.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:16 PM
Topper

Topping....

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:53 PM
travelin sal

Have used Go-Today twice and had very good experiences. We take the second from least expensive hotel option and has worked well. Going to Paris in Feb. with this company and taking the same hotel level. It is a good deal.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:23 PM
Ron

We've booked three trips with GoToday and are taking another to Italy in November. All have been acceptable. The hotel is only a place to sleep. We used the budget and also the 4 star hotels. You get what you pay for. Went to Paris last April, hotel was good the weather wasn't. Not GoTodays fault.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:46 PM
casey

Hi,<BR>Thanks for the respones.<BR>I was begning to think that we could do much better on our own, until looked at all of the transfer prices.<BR>I was not sure about the Go Today ilablity and prices. Like most people, I want the highest quality for the lowest prices!<BR>Plust e triple room eliminates many hotel!<BR>Any thoughts?