Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Got the travel bug again, when is Easter 2003?

Oct 10th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Tina

I don't want to travel during the spring break or during Easter vacation. But now I have the travel bug again, and can't much later than the month of May. When is Easter next year? Thanks. (I know orthodox Easter is different, but I don't that it affects travel that much)

Oct 10th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Maribel

Easter Sunday, 2003 is April 20. I know because we've just made reservations for Seville for Holy Week.

Oct 11th, 2002, 04:57 AM
teena

Greek Orthodox Easter is April 27, 2003

Oct 11th, 2002, 05:36 AM
nina

So is the high season the week prior to Easter (12th-20th) or the week after Easter (19th-28th). In the US, most schools have the week prior to Easter off, how about in Europe, specifically Italy?

I'm thinking of a trip at that time as well, but I don't want to travel during Europe's Spring break either.

Oct 11th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Helen

Maribel,
Good for you going to Seville during Easter Week. I took a tour of Spain in mid April a few years back that happened to coincide with Easter Week. It was the one of the best travel experiences of my life! Seville is incredible. The devotion and pageantry! And the people of Seville are so well dressed and in a holiday mood. You will notice on tv (I don't speak Spanish) that coverage includes the processions in each and every city and town in Spain but Seville is the center of the action. Enjoy! Helen