Gorgeous Paris and London flats

Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Gorgeous Paris and London flats

Hey everyone,
In researching lodging I've run across these two beautiful properties.

The owner e-mailed and then called me directly to answer any questions I might have. He was such a pleasure to speak with and has added a highlight (getting to chat a few minutes with a gentleman in London) to my research for this trip. I love this part of travel.

Anywho, I know how difficult it is searching for just the right accommodations so wanted to share these perfectly gorgeous ones.

Someone may have already, but just in case they have not, here you go:

http://www.vrbo.com/141130

http://www.vrbo.com/130631

The owner mentioned he will soon add a 2 br flat in London to his rental listings.

Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
yk

Will you be staying at these apartments?

I looked at the one for London. The photos sure look nice. My only concern is neither bathrooms shown has shower curtain. I know the Brits prefer taking baths, but for Americans who are used to taking showers, it can get quite messy without shower curtains!

I guess the price is decent if there are 6 people sharing the flat. But rarely I travel with that many people.

But thanks again for posting!
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Hey yk. We're considering the Marais apartment as we are looking for accommodations for two couples. The owner mentioned the London flat and gave me the listing number, but it's a bit large for our needs this go round. Looks like it might be perfect for families or bigger groups, though.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 11:55 PM

yk ...

If you look carefully - you'll see the baths have shower screens.

Mark
Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:23 AM
yk

isplumm - thanks for pointing that out. Looks like the master bathroom has a tub, then a shower stall next to it; and the 2nd bathroom the tub does have a 1/2 screen.

Last year we stayed at a chateau in France which was wonderful, but there was no shower screen or shower curtain for the tub. It was a challenge to take a shower w/o making a big mess on the floor!