Reload this Page >

Goodwood Revival Weekend, UK/Arundel UK

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 07:45 AM
fran

No, this is not a religious event. It's a weekend of classic sportscar racing near Chichester. Has anyone been to this event? I can't get a room in Chichester and am considering the Swan Hotel in Arundel. Has anyone been to Arundel? Can you tell me anything about it?

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 01:00 PM
jmm

Arundel is quite pleasant - nice castle worth seeing.

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Mark

Arundel is a nice little town dominated by a huge castle. I have stayed at the Swan Hotel there...rooms are small, but it's clean & has a good breakfast. Goodwood actually has a Marriott hotel right on the property....check Marriott's website for availability. Rates there are very reasonable.

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 11:21 PM
fran

Mark, the Marriott Goodwood is sold out for the Revival weekend. Any other recommendations for Arundel beside the Swan?

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Mark

The Swan is the only one I've stayed at in Arundel. A guidebook had recommended the Norfolk Arms there, but the lobby reeked so much of cigar smoke I opted not to stay there. If you're not with a car, try a town nearby, like Worthing, where the train connects to Chichester.Best website with a lot of hotels to choose from is the auto club's there, "www.theaa.co.uk"