Good-taste-hotel in Helsinki?

Sep 6th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Live Linnestad

Good-taste-hotel in Helsinki?

Know about an hotel in Helsinki, w/o tacky flowery curtains, supermarket music in the lobby and windows that can't open?

Looking for something like Lydmar in Stockholm combined with Paramount, NY and Malmaison, Manchester.

If not - something just plain and nice will do - even a B&B.

Thanks

Sep 7th, 2001, 12:40 AM
amy

we just came back from there and stayed at the radisson on mikonkatu. there is one other radisson in town that looked like a good location as well, but ours was very close to the train station and quite convenient for us. all of the rooms are different-the first night we were in a scandic one, the second night we switched because the bed was only a full size and wound up in a beautiful italian style room. i got it through hotelsfinland.com for about $102 per night, including buffet breakfast.

Sep 7th, 2001, 04:54 AM
Kate

It sounds like you're looking for a modern/minimalist hotel in the Ian Schrager mode. I've stayed at the Radisson mentioned, and although it's modern, it is still quite traditional - probably not what you're looking for. Sorry I can't be more helpful - when I went I was looking for the same thing and couldn't find it.

Sep 7th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Martha

Try the Grand Marina Hotel. They have a website. Stayed there a few years ago. Great location on the harbor. It is a completely modern hotel.

Sep 8th, 2001, 09:41 AM
EP

I live here, so I donīt have any experience of hotels. But you could check

www.inyourpocket.com

There is all kinds of accomodation listed, from hostels to top five star hotels and places in between. Also contact info.