Reload this Page >

Good Hotel in Prague

Search

Good Hotel in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 09:55 AM
jim

Good Hotel in Prague

I'm trying to decide between the two Marriotts and the Hilton in Prague. I'm looking to stay in a nice big hotel close to the city center. Can anyone give me reccomendations on either of the above or any others? Thanks.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 04:57 PM
BettyAnn

I have stayed at the Hotel Grand Bohemia in the city centre. Wonderful hotel, good sized room and nicely decorated, quite modern in style. Very good dining room and nice separate bar/lounge. Within walking distance to all places of interest to tourists. Three years ago, it was about 225 USD.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 07:39 PM
Christina

I think either one of those Marriotts would be fine, they are right next to each other and nicely renovated hotels; very convenient location near a major metro stop (Namesti Republicky) and within walking distance of Old Town Sq. The Hilton is not central, it's quite a distance away in district 8 (the central district is 1) and I don't think near a metro stop; it's extremely ugly, also, although I know some people don't care about that. The rooms are probably adquate with decent service and amenities, it's just architecturally a very ugly hotel on the outside and in a busy highway/rail track area. I've heard someone recommend the Renaissance as nice so I'd probably pick it; not sure when the other Marriott opened, but both of them are newer (in terms of the interior renovation) than the Hilton so are probably nicer and have better style; they definitely do on the outside. The Hilton is a leftover from the ugly architecture era, I think, it looks it (60s, maybe 70s), and is twice the size of the Marriotts. I think for your needs, those are the best choices, especially for a central location. The Savoy Hotel is very nice but is up near Prague Castle and not as conveniently located. Other nice hotels in central Prague are the Pariz and the Grandhotel Bohemia, but they are Czech and older; more character, but you might have more reliable quality in the Marriotts, from what I've heard.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 05:15 AM
Maira

If you'll like to stay closer to the city center (old Prague?) then do NOT stay at the Hilton. The Hilton seems to be located catering to the business travelers and it is not really conveniently located for tourists. The outside is not particularly charming, but inside is gorgeous.

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Jean

Jim, <BR> <BR>My husband & I stayed at the Marriott last April. The Rennaissance is across the street--it didn't seem as nice. We paid $175/night for king size bed. Convenient to subway--within walking distance to everything, and they have a health club & pool, which frankly we made use of a couple of times. After abusing our feet & bodies, it was good to jump into the hottub. Great fluffy robes, hairdryers. I liked it, thought it was worth every penny, 'cause everything else was so very inexpensive! <BR>Great location! <BR> <BR>Enjoy! <BR>Jean