Search

Golf in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:58 AM
JMD

Golf in Spain

My wife and I are thinking of renting a house in Spain next summer. We are at the very early stage of research. In order of priority, we are looking for the following: <BR> <BR>1. First class accommodation <BR>2. Historical area <BR>3. Good weather <BR>4. Golf <BR> <BR>I would be grateful for any input that you might have as to how to go about renting a house and where we might play golf in the area. <BR> <BR>Thanks. <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 09:16 AM
Pedro

In my opinion those could be the best options to enjoy golf, culture and accommodation: <BR> <BR>Costa Ballena/Chiclana areas in Cadiz province ( interesting architecture, seafood and good beaches, a lot of day trips possible ) <BR> <BR>Marbella area ( luxury resorts, upscaled, average beaches, beautiful Ronda nearby ) <BR> <BR>Barcelona area/Sitges ( average beaches, lots of facilities a big modern city can offer ) <BR> <BR>Santander area ( lovely landscapes, changing weather and good beaches, lots of day trips as well )

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 11:46 AM
Natalia

I can propose to you my 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment in a new golf course. Air conditioning, jacuzzi, marble floors, sea, mountain & golf views, garage. Highest quality furniture. Totally equipped kitchen. Brand new. If interested - I will send all the photos by e-mail. <BR> <BR>Regards

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 01:10 PM
Nikki

I would definitely look into the Marriott Villas. There is one in Mallorca and another in Marbella. The Marriott Club Son Antem in Mallorca offers an 18-hole golf course, 4 tennis courts, 2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, sauna & whirlpool spas, sports restaurant in the golf clubhouse, shuttle service throughout the resort. The 232 two and three bedroom villas are exceptional, and have fully-equipped kitchen & separate utility-room with washer and dryer. The Marriott Marbella Beach Resort has a full service restaurant, 2 tennis courts, outdoor pool, indoor pool, sauna, whirlpool, ocean, fitness center, steam-room, aerobics, gymnasium, and golf nearby. It has 288 exceptional one, two and three bedroom villas with private terraces. Both resorts are superb, as is Spain.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 01:48 AM
Phillip

Excellent responses. It answered some of my own questions. Thanks.