GoldenTours or EvanEvans Tours?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to take some tours while in London next May. Is there any difference between Golden Tours (=Grayline) or Evan Evans? The description and prices are similar, except that Evan says to have Blue Badge Guides.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 04:13 PM

I only have experience with Golden Tours. I don't recommend them. Their website did not work properly when I booked my tours, they were very disorganised on the tour I did take, and they cancelled my second tour the night before. Based on that, I suggest Evan Evans.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

jeffrx, which tours did you book with them? which one has been cancelled?
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 05:52 PM

Both Evan Evans and Golden Tours use Blue Badge guides but not exclusively. They use other professional guides as well. In fact, looking closely at each website you will see they will promote the Blue Badge name but employ their guides from a much larger pool. Not that it matters, as a company like Golden or Evan Evans would be concerned in making sure they had the best coaches, itineraries, value for money as well as the best guides.
For jeffrx, someone or some people let the side down at Golden Tours, this was unfortunate, and it might happen again or it might happen with one of the other day trip firms running out of London. However, Evan Evans does have one of the best reputations and I would suggest you lean more towards them. Don't foget to check other firms like Astral Travels and Premium Tours, also the London Walks Explorer Days, just to give you a fuller picture.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

henneth, tnks for the infos. I´ve already looked all others and some fit the places I want to see better than the others, depending on the tour. I understand they are all about the same, none beeing perfect. Am I right?
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 03:36 PM

Simone, I booked the full-day London tour, which was close to a disaster, and then I had booked the afternoon tour to Windsor. They called and said it was cancelled because only 4 people had signed up for that day. I therefore didn't get to Windsor. But on my next trip, I am going on my own! Use Evan Evans.