Going to Hell -- Norway, that is.

Jun 8th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Cindy

Going to Hell -- Norway, that is.

Is Hell worthy of more than a 1/2 hour stop to take photos and send a few postcards?

Jun 8th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Jake

You plan your vacation time down to 30 minute increments? Live a little - factor in some time for serendipity. Loosen up. No need to be so structured while on holiday. Now, go to Hell.

Jun 9th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Sindre

Being Norwegian I might have found that offensive, but I'll take it ironicly. And besides assuming you arrive by plane I'll admit most of Norways airports aren't worth more than a 30 minute photo session anyway ?
Though if it is a serious question I'd need some more info of when, where, how long etc to be able to come up with something a bit more solid.

Sindre

Jun 9th, 2002, 01:49 PM
cindy

The question is sincere. We will be spending a little time in Trondheim in July, and I was looking at the map to find interesting places to go within the area by train. Hell peaked my interest because of the name, so I was wondering if it was an interesting town to explore, or whether it had little more than a train station and post office.

Jun 9th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Sindre

After some "encouragement" from my girlfriend to read up on my geography, I realise you were ironic.... Though as you probably understood I've never even heard of the place... Though considering the name (and the fact that the Norwegian Miss Universe a few years back was from there) I beleive the place is probably thriving on tourists If that is good or bad is up to you
Though if you like small quaint towns, anything above 20 houses is a "city" in Norway so we've got plenty of them...

Sindre

Jun 18th, 2002, 11:04 AM
andy

Didn't notice "Hell" when we took a "Hurtigruten" voyage last summer but sure did notice a lot of "Heaven" or,
at least "Paradise" as we made our way
up and down the west coast. One of the
nicest trips and nicest "natives" we have met so far in my retirement!
andy