Going to europe may 2005

Search

Going to europe may 2005

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to europe may 2005

I know this is kind of early but i want to start planning now (an saving money now). I hope to goto europe in May 2006. I would like to be in amsterdam on May 25 f0r my 25th birthday. I will also be taking my boyfriend who will be graduating from college around that time. I have been to europe once and this will be his first trip.
We know that we want to spend 5 to 7 days in amsterdam with possiable day trips to paris (i know its a 5 hour train ride) and other areas. I would like to go to venice (i was only there for 1 rainy night and feel i miss out on alot)and stay maybe 3 nights. I would also like to visit Greece, and Spain, as I have never been to either. In total i would like to spend 2 or 3 weeks. Does anyone have any itinery ideas? Also A few friend may be comming along including one who is fluent in French. I am sure she will want to spend more time in france then I do, but we dont mind splitting up then re-meeting along the way. Also is there some type of cruise I can take to greece? Right now money isnt an option (why i am planning early) I was thinking around 10k for me and my boyfriend (we will stay in cheep hotels and splurge on other things)
Thanks
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Id it makes a difference we will fly out of either philly or BWI, ddepending on where we can get the best deal
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 08:55 AM
rex

Planning well in advance is a very good idea.

It's very frustrating that this forum does not allow you to hange that pesky little typo in your message header (you see, I'm sure that you typed 2005).

I have a number of ideas that would enhance your planning - - but why not re-post this with the corrected header, and I will respond there.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 09:08 AM
ira

Hi Ill,

>we want to spend 5 to 7 days in amsterdam with possiable day trips to paris

I would like to go to venice..and stay maybe 3 nights.

I would also like to visit Greece, and Spain...

In total i would like to spend 2 or 3 weeks.

Does anyone have any itinery ideas?<

1. Only a day trip to Paris?????

You are spending a week in Amsterdam, That leaves two weeks to visit Italy, Greece and Spain.

It is doable, but it is a lot of travelling.

If you really don't want to visit Paris, I suggest that you fly Amsterdam to Venice and then visit Florence and Rome.

I 'd visit Greece and Spain as separate trips for at least a week each.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 09:09 AM

What's wrong with the header? Perfectly clear to me, except I would have capitalized Europe and May.

Why, exactly, does she need to repost?
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 09:13 AM

She actually is planning a trip for 2006, not 2005
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 09:21 AM

I totally agree w/ ira. An open-jaw ticket to AMS and back from CDG is very affordable, even non-stop. Fly into Amsterdam (from PHL), stay 5-7 days (there are many inexpensive day options a short, inexpensive train rise away). Then fly to Venice (about $100/per), stay 3-5 days. Next fly to Barcelona (about $100) for 3-5 days. Then fly or train to (again cheap) Paris for the last 3-5 days (you'll be glad you did once you get there). Fly home from Paris (there are many cheap non-stops to PHL).
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Yes I mean May 2006. I was in Paris for 4 nights during my last trip. So that Is why I only want to do a day or one night trip. I love amsterdam, and only stayed for 2 nights last time, i feel there is much I have yet to see, espically when the flowers are in bloom. I also would like to check out the rest of the Netherlands while there. I may save greece for a next trip, but one day I do want to visit. Flying sounds like a faster way to travel, then train, although I loved the experience of mass transit in europe (even the mean pass collectors in italy)
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 01:29 PM
ira

Hi Ill,

Although you have been to Paris once, BF hasn't.

You migh want to reconsider.