GoFly.com...help

May 1st, 2002, 07:43 PM
Val

GoFly.com...help

Has anyone used this airline? I was referred to this website by a friend. Is it very reputable? (ie ontime flights, safe, etc) Thank you!!!!

May 1st, 2002, 08:09 PM
Val, this is your friend's

Let me get this straight.

You prefer snippets of information from anonymous strangers? Over the opinion of someone you know and trust? Who shares everything with you?

But not any more!!

No-sir-ee!!

May 2nd, 2002, 01:04 AM
Keith

Go - the actual name of the airline - is basically a budget airline like Southwest. It used to be owned by British Airways who sold it off in June last year (more fool them!) The aircraft are all pretty new (under five years) and are predominantly Boeing 737s, and as far as I know there haven't been any incidents involving them.

I think Go operate also on an "e-ticket" basis - you get a confirmation number and e-mail but no actual paper ticket. Useful if you don't want to have to worry about getting tickets in the post!

They are a "point to point" operation, so no through checking nor any guarantees that you will get a connecting flight, but that said their "on time" flights seem to be pretty constant. I've never flown with them, but my wife and parents have and there's been no problems - both have done it again since.

By the way, Go are often not the cheapest. Take a look at EasyJet and Ryanair (www.easyjet.com, www.ryanair.com) as well. Also, for more info on all three, run a search in the box above. There has been much good comment on all three recently.

May 2nd, 2002, 01:14 AM
Jen

I flew Go from London to Italy and thought it was great. No problems. Very comfortable. And the price was right (50 pounds return). I'd fly with them again in a second.

May 2nd, 2002, 02:42 AM
Jenny

I use Go a lot, mainly for flying between Edinburgh & London Stansted. They are almost always on time, and are fine for shorter flights like this. They are basic, in that you have to buy any drinks, etc. on board, but the staff are generally pleasant too. Also, not sure if you're aware, but the earlier you book, the cheaper the fare seems to be, and also, London Stansted is actually a bit out of London, but there are excellent transport connections.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Jenny