Search

Globus Tours

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:44 AM
michele

Globus Tours

My mother and I are going to Italy on Globus Tours in March. We usually do Europe on our own, but many have said that to see a taste of Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice) that this is a good way to do it. Has anyone had any personal experience with Globus and particularly in Italy? I would appreciate any information that you could supply.<BR><BR>Thank you!<BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:36 PM
Dianne

I've used Globus for Germany and Spain. Also used their budget partner, Cosmos, for Italy.<BR>It's a good company and they treat their customers well.<BR><BR>Are you doing the &quot;Great Cities&quot; tour? It includes a lot of inside visits to museums, etc. I tried to do that one in March 2001, but they were all booked up. I went with Trafalgar instead and found it disappointing compared to Globus/Cosmos.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 01:26 PM
Michele

I do believe it is called the &quot;Great Cities Tour&quot;. My Mom did all the planning and research on this one. I know we do Rome, Florence, and Venice as I mentioned. There is some nice free time and free dinner time too. Not totally a structured trip, but where it counts, it is. Glad to hear of a good experience! Thanks!<BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:47 PM
anita

Michele,<BR><BR>I have been on two Globus tours. My first was the 14 day Italy tour with 1 and 2 night stops. On that tour I felt that there was too much to see in too little time. In 2001 I took their Paris and Provence tour which you spent 3 nights in each hotel and it was great. The tour director was fabulous and while I was there 911 happened and Globus made arrangements for all of us to get home and if we need to stay, they arranged specials prices with the hotel. I cannot say enough about Globus - they were great. If you have any questions, please e-mail me directly.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:37 PM
Rosemary

I took a Globus tour 10 yrs ago and it was wonderful. A great introduction for first time Europe traveler. Our tour guide was magnificent.His name is Mario Chioccon-a wonderful,accomplished,multi-lingual,charming man.His singing of &quot;Arriverderci,Roma&quot; in an Italian restaurant on our last night in Italy was overwhelming.His wife is related to Peter Mayle( A Year in Provence).

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 05:51 AM
chicki

ttt

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Geoff

If you only want cities, group tours may not be the best bet. The tour companies do know this and cut down some on the structure as you have seen. But unless they come up with a real good price for all inclusive than you can do, it's probably not a good value. Getting train tickets between the cities takes two seconds and is cheap in Italy.<BR><BR>That said, there is nothing wrong with Globus. They are a middle tier type company, they do many, many tours, and they are alright for what you get.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Geoff

If you only want cities, group tours may not be the best bet. The tour companies do know this and cut down some on the structure as you have seen. But unless they come up with a real good price for all inclusive than you can do, it's probably not a good value. Getting train tickets between the cities takes two seconds and is cheap in Italy.<BR><BR>That said, there is nothing wrong with Globus. They are a middle tier type company, they do many, many tours, and they are alright for what you get.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:32 PM
mary

We just got back from a Globus Tour in Scotland. The tour guide was exceptional. I just wish the buses had more leg room. But overall, we enjoyed everything about our tour.