Search

Glasgow for 4 days

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glasgow for 4 days

Hi,

I am going to Glasgow for a conference the beginning of September. I will have the day I arrive (a Thursday) free, then the conference is Friday and Saturday, and then will have Sunday through Wednesday morning free (flying out on Wednesday).

I was thinking of exploring Glasgow the first day- and then maybe taking a 2 or 3 day bus tour of the Highlands after the conference.

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!

Ellen
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 04:40 AM

I suggest that you relocate to Edinburgh for your last few days. Stirling was recommended to me but I didn't have time.
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 06:42 AM

I don't understand re-locating to Edinburgh if you are doing a tour. What possible difference does it make if you are on a tour?

I don't do tours, however, should you want you could take the train to many places in Scotland. Otherwise I am sure some will respond to your specific question.
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 08:30 AM

Ellen, I have a document of recommendations of things to see and do in Glasgow. Whilst it's on here someplace, I have no idea where.

Email me and I'll send it to you.

As to your tour, there are a number of companies who do wee tours of mini-buses- (vans) but all, I think, out of Edinburgh. Rabbies, Macbackpackers, Timberbush, Haggis. What, in the Highlands, would you like most to see?
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 03:20 AM

We loved the Glasgow School of Arts. The building and most of the furnishings are living works of art by Charles Renee Mackintosh. The neat thing is with a guided tour you can see current students working.

The Kelvingrove is as nice of museum as you would find anywhere in the world. Imagine the Smithsonian's natural history museum in the same building as an art museum.(The guys in our party went to the transporation museum across the street instead.)