Giverny on bicycle?

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 08:08 AM
amy

Giverny on bicycle?

Has anyone biked from Vernon out to Giverny? One of my cycling books says it's very popular. Would like to hear some first-person experiences.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 02:22 PM
ttt

to the top

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 04:23 PM
big

Amy - give it up, you won't get much help on this board about anything that has to do with physical exercise. Most Fodorites rent cars to go one mile!

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 06:58 PM
amy

I think you may be right. In doing a search I did come across the posting where Rex gave the URL addresses for articles on biking in Paris. It gave me hope--misplaced, I guess.

Just in case: We're part of a biking tour this July/August in Normandy/Brittany, and I'm trying to plan the four days after the tour ends in Caen and before we leave CDG.

Perhaps someone stayed in Vernon? Ate there?

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Rex

I haven't biked it, but it would be a fine - - and short ride. And from Vernon (of some interest in its own right), you have several interesting other directions you could head (if you're feeling up to rides of 15 to 20 km) - - Les Andelys and Gisors come to mind.

From Vernon to Giverny the road rides right along the Seine, and it can't be more than about 3-5 km.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 04:51 AM
amy

Thanks, Rex...that's what I was thinking, too. Our biking trip the previous week will be rather arduous in places and I am trying to look for more pleasant, convenient trails on our way back to Paris.

I am also looking at the Honfleur area--our bike tour doesn't go there and I think that would be beautiful, too.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 03:57 PM
topper

topping