Reload this Page >

gifts to take to Poland

Search

gifts to take to Poland

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 1998, 08:26 PM
Betty

gifts to take to Poland

We will be traveling to Poland this summer. Could you please tell me what kind of a gift we can bring to our hosts. Thanks

Old Mar 29th, 1998, 11:08 PM
Tricia

Could you give us a few more details: is this your family? other? age? do you want a present idea for each member of family or just one for whole family. Also there is a question and answers regarding hostess gifts a ways down in this forum. Some of the ideas were baseball hats with various team/hockey logos; collectible coins or Silver dollar coins w/ statue of liberty; american flag; disney memorbilla; California wine; CD's ; T-Shirts; American magazines. If you live in an area that is well-known for something locally famous that is always nice. I live in a small Western town in So Calif. We are known for our local wine vineyards, hot air balloons, Old Town full of Indian stores. The owner of the Indian store told me people in Europe adore Indian history. When I went to Holland and visited my relatives house I found the Franklin Mint plate with Pochonos on it proudly displayed on their fire place mantel. I never dreamed those things were known in Europe. The owner said the Irish love the skeltons of cattle. I sent my sister in law a "dream catcher" with a poem about the history of the dream catcher. It was even signed by the Indian artist. She loved it!! I think the American cowboy Indian cultural thing is very different and catches the Europeans imagination!

Old Mar 30th, 1998, 04:37 AM
Lilian Schwartzlose

I am danish but have been several times in Poland last year.
Almost everything imported is very expensive to buy for the local people.
f.ex. parfums, lotions ect.
But I also found that a lot of people drink tea, and that they do not have many sorts to choose among.
Best regards
Lilian

Old Mar 30th, 1998, 04:38 AM
Lilian Schwartzlose

I am danish but have been several times in Poland last year.
Almost everything imported is very expensive to buy for the local people.
f.ex. parfums, lotions ect.
But I also found that a lot of people drink tea, and that they do not have many sorts to choose among.
Best regards
Lilian

Old Mar 30th, 1998, 06:53 PM
Betty

Thanks for the ideas. I had not thought of most of them.