Reload this Page >

Gifts for Italian Friends?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 07:09 AM
gb

I need some suggestions from traveling buddies. My family will be staying in an Italian family's summer house for about four or five days. We want to gift them a nice gift, but I have no idea what their needs or likes are. Any suggestions? They are a husband and wife with two daughters (ages 16 and 11). I'd like to spend about $100 for husband and wife, and about $30-40 for the girls. Could be a "family gift" or individual gifts. What about battery operated electronics (small tv, CD player, inexpensive digital camera?) Thanks for your suggestions,

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 10:20 AM
elvira

There have been many discussions and posts about this very subject; consensus seems to be that something from your "native" land is very much welcomed: local foods (like honey or wine, as examples); local crafts (Native American or apple people, etc.); painting or calendar of your area. <BR>Think of it in the reverse: would you want a digital camera from an Italian guest, or would you rather have a gallon of extra virgin olive oil from his neighbor's first pressing?

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 01:42 PM
Janet

Thanks for the great idea. I'm sure they would love anything that says New York on it.... millie grazie

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 09:11 AM
gerri

Thanks for the help. I certainly would like the suggestions as gifts. But what amount the man of the house? And the two girls? I also have to carry the gifts in my one suitcase for two weeks before my visit. So something like a bottle of wine or a gallon of oil would never work. It needs to be small, but mighty and durable. Thanks

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 09:25 AM
elvira

For the man of the house: John Elway jersey? Broncos or Rockies baseball cap? Leatherman tool? <BR>For the girls: butterfly hairclips? small backpack? spiral notebooks from a local university? mittens? friendship bracelets?