Getting to Luton airport for 6am flight?

Jan 9th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Kevin

Getting to Luton airport for 6am flight?

On January 18th Im leaving on an easy Jet flight from London Luton to amsterdam around 6am. I thought i could take the thameslink rail but it now appears that the trains dont run early enough in the morning for me to get there. Can anyone help me? I really have no idea where begin short of spending the night in the airport. Thanks

Jan 9th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Kevin

Sorry i forgot to mention I'll be staying in Kensington.

Jan 9th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Rex

Possibly expensive if there is just one of you, but try www.chauffeur.co.uk - - no longer the "famous" Eddie Manning, but I believe that Elvira has used this company since it changed hands, and still vouches for them.

I personally had good experience(s) with them (back when it was Eddie) - - including getting me (and a group of 12 other teenagers, using both their vans) to Stanstead in time for a 7 a.m. flight. Picked us up at our hotel around 4:45, if I recall correctly, and we were in Milan for lunch (and went on to a most memorable dinner in Venice later that night! God - - the energy of youths!)

Jan 9th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Mark

Kevin: You might try the Greenline 757 bus which goes from Victoria Station to Luton. It makes about 4 or 5 stops for pickups before getting out of London and you can board at whichever stop is closest to where you are. The Greenline 757 originates from London, Victoria, Buckingham Palace Road, Stop 6, which is just outside Victoria Station (the exit next the the British Airways check in. The trip from London to Luton is approximately one hour. Go to www.greenline.co.uk. for full details, but I believe the bus runs 24 hours, though less frequently from Midnight to 5:00 a.m. I am sure there is a 4 or 4:30 bus which would put you into Luton at 5:30. That would be cutting it close but doubt that there would be any traffic delays at that hour. Also, the best part, if you are flying EasyJet, the trip is only 5 Pounds one way OR return. Just tell the driver you are flying EasyJet and you get the discounted fare. You may have to show them your flight confirmation order but that is all. I have used the service and have always been pleased. Keep in mind that they do leave on time. Have a good trip.

Search this Thread