Reload this Page >

getting out of Florence to the S222

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 08:41 AM
mary

Does anyone have any advice on getting out of FLorence from the car rental area around the train station and moving towards the S222 to Chianti?? <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>Mary

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 08:49 AM
lisa peretz

Which car rental office? We just did this from Avis two weeks ago and it was ok. I can give tou directions from the Avis office if you need them. Basically , you follow the main street around the perimeter of the city until you come to the Arno. Cross it, head left and then the road is clearly marked to get to the SS222. A lot of wineries are well marked along this road as well. It's a beautiful and fun drive.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 08:51 AM
lisa peretz

FYI -- this is the basic direction. You'll need more specific street info. Let me know if you are using Avis.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 09:44 AM
mary

We are using Hertz--however I beleive that they are in the same general locale in Florence. I have a great Michelin Map--but it's always nice to have more specific directions! Did you stop for lunch at any spot on the S222 that was especially wonderful??? Thanks for all of your advice!!! <BR>Mary

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 02:03 PM
Guido

Mary: <BR> <BR>Lisa posted a report titled "Just back from Florence, Tuscany, and Rome" that has information you might find useful. I just brought it to the top. Check it out. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip! <BR>