Reload this Page >

Getting harder to access this forum?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Confused

Is it just me, or are others finding this forum harder and harder to access? <BR><BR> Lately, it seems to be malfunctioning a good part of the time. Very exasperating!<BR><BR>Confused

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 11:41 AM
GAC

I agree

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 11:44 AM
MamaMia

I gave up earlier today. Website not responding. Downloads stopped dead in their tracks. And when it did respond.......slooooowwww.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 11:45 AM
r

I agree.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 01:01 PM
fiona

I'll try again! I've now tried to post a reply to this post 3 times and it hasn't come up! I definitely agree!!!!

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 01:08 PM
michele

and I thought it was my computer...very slow, often just won't display a forum at all

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 01:35 PM
LKJ

Yes, and not only that -- when I logged on a few moments ago, the first three posts were dated for today and everything thereafter had "most recent post" for 2/21 or earlier! Curiouser and curiouser.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Phil

Not only is it difficult to access this site, it took me three attempts over a half hour period to access this comment! Ironic or what!?

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 03:05 PM
bettyk

I have been having intermittent problems over the past 4-5 days. One day, I couldn't get in at all for hours -- the connection would just time out!

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 03:08 PM
John

Hey:<BR><BR>Add my to the growing list!! I thought it was my Internet provider. Whats up??<BR>JOHN

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 03:10 PM
kkk

I agree!

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:07 PM
xxx

It's been very frustrating trying to access this forum for the past month or so. As wonderful as it is, the web still still has a lot of problems, both software and hardware.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Confused

Thanks!!!! Glad to know it isn't me. I have DSl, and when sites get VERY SLOW, I start wondering if my monthly bill is worth the extra trouble.<BR><BR>I also wonder if this site is worth the trouble.<BR><BR>Confused

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Fran

So glad to read all the other replies. Being very new to computers,websites et all; I was beginning to wonder what I've done wrong. This seems to be quite an informative place. Anybody got ANY suggestions about Cefalu, Italy ??

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Betsyh

Welcome to Travel Talk, Fran. To get info about Cefalu, make your question a little more specific and start a new thread, such as "Looking for a hotel in Cefalu, Italy." You'll have a greater chance of someone responding than if you bury your request under the title of this thread. The "Post a New Message" button is at the top of your screen.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 03:48 AM
Ellen

I think it's a traffic-load problem, since the trouble seems to be related to time of day. <BR><BR>I never have any trouble with this site when I go online in the early morning (east coast time) right after the kids go to school. Like right now, the site is brisk and responsive, no problems at all. But I have a terrible time if I try at Noon, when presumably lots of people go online for lunch-break research. It's iffy all afternoon and then gets worse in the early evening, then not so bad late at night. (Note -- these are spot-checks, I'm not on ALL day, though I work at home!) <BR><BR>I've had all the troubles described above -- basically, getting to some stage of opening the site or a message, or posting a message, and then just stalling out/not completing the proess.