Getting from Positano to Naples Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2009, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we have a very early flight (7:00)from Naples to Palermo, what is the best way to get to the airport?
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 08:05 AM
ira

Hi G,

Hire a limo.

((I)
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 08:16 AM

By leaving Positano the night before and staying at an airport hotel.

You need to be at the airport by 6:00 a.m. - at the latest - and the drive from Positano is more than an hour.

I'm no chicken when it comes to maximizing my vacation time by staying somewhere I want to be rather than bedding down next to the runway, but I would not have the guts to try this one.

Old Feb 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

ira-Probably not a bad idea!
Aramis-Air One says we only have to be there one hour before flight time so I'm confused as to why we would have to be there any earlier. I see the distance from Positano is only 20 miles or so, is it because they are all winding roads that it takes one hour?
Thanks to both of you!
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 02:49 PM

You do not have to be there before 6am, one hour ahead of the departure. The rods are quite windy; that is why it takes so long.

Either take a taxi or car service from Positano (about 100 euro) to the airport, or sleep in Naples the night before and take a taxi from there (about 20 euro).
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 03:18 PM

My notes say it took 2 hours to get from Sorrento to Amalfi on a city bus. It wasn't more than 20 miles.

First you zig, blow your horn, then you zag, blow your horn. Back up to the layby to let another bus go by. Two cars can pass, a bus and a car can pass but NOT two busses.

Get a driver or stay near the airport. Make sure the driver doesn't have a bus!
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks eks, I know you have traveled extensively on the Amalfi. Do you have any driver recs?
Tdudette, yes, this is why we are not driving until Sicily. Of course I hear the worst about driving in Palermo!
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 01:07 AM

Hi Galel - The following Positano-based limo companies have all been recommended here:

www.positanocarservice.com
www.flaviogioia.com
www.limocarservice.net
www.benvenutolimos.com (Praiano)

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 05:59 AM

Gale: Steve knows the AC much better than I do and he has given you the names to contact. The driver that I liked on our last trip is based in Maiori so would likely charge more than the Positano-based drivers.

As a last resort, you could spend that last night in Naples. I would not stay near the airport, because the airport is close to the city. I believe,and Steve can verify, that the Vomero district is close to the entrance to the airport highway; we took this route by taxi from Chiaia to the airport last spring.
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:01 AM
ira

We were pleased with Limousine Service Sorrento (Renato Cuomo)
www.cuomonet.it

Also consider Francesco. http://www.francescomarrapese.com/
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Steve-Thanks for the recommendations. I e mailed and received a reply from Flavio right away (155E) for the four of us, is that about standard?. However, when I sent and e mail to positano car service they e mailed back trying to get us to book other services with them and would not provide a quote for just the transfer to the airport. I was a bit put off by this response. Not that we might not need another service but I don't like being pushed. So I will also contact the limo car service you mentioned.
Ekscrunchy-You are always kind to defer to those that know a little more than you. I absolutely LOVE your trip report from the Amalfi and can't wait to try some of your suggestions. Since we have already booked our stay in Positano I don't want to stay that last night in Naples so a driver is the way to go. Thanks again, and I'm always happy to hear more tips!
ira-thank you for your recommendations! I will also contact the two you mentioned to request service and rates.
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 07:11 AM

Gale - I believe the going rate is in the € 100-120 range - but I guess they may all add something for an early start It pays to shop around.

You could get a quote from the following Sorrento-based drivers as well (- you may or may not find something cheaper from them):

- Sorrento-based

www.tourofitaly.com
www.francescomarrapese.com
www.cuomonet.it
www.seesorrento.com
www.sorrento.it

Hope this helps ...

Steve