Getting from Auronzo di Cadore to Calalzo FS on Sunday in July by bus

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2023, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am searching will it be possible to get from Auronzo di Cadore to Calalzo railway station (and further on to Tarvisio) on Sunday July this summer by public transport. Currently all timelines online I looked at (Dolomiti bus, Trenitalia) show winter schedules. As for now Dolomiti bus website does not list Bus 31 running on Sundays.

Can I expect some more connections (so called trenobus) for hikers going to Calalzo in July? So far I have found one pdf schedule online without known date that have some busses running on weekends.

Probably someone who was there last summer or with local knowledge might advice should I expect some public transportation on Sundays or may be I should stick with other days. I would prefer using public transport, but if anything else fails I would consider taxi, if available, from Auronzo to Calalzo.

Many thanks!
Old Feb 15th, 2023, 12:34 PM

Is Tarvisio your final destination?
Then check the bus via Passo Mauria to Tolmezzo too.
For Villach, you may travel via Misurina - Carbonin - Toblach too.
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for suggestions! I did not realize there might be connection to Tolmezzo. TPL FVG site indeed lists summer bus on weekends going from Auronzo to Tolmezzo.

I think to come from Villach through Lienz and San Candido and spend some days hiking, staying in huts. I know that route to Misurina is popular one and there will be more bus connections to Toblach/Dobbiaco or Cortina. But I though of coming down to Giralba and Auronzo. It seems to fit in Sunday, though.

I will check what Dolomiti bus website will have as summer schedules will be available.
Old Feb 17th, 2023, 11:00 AM

There is furthermore a daily bus from Santo Stefano di Cadore (some 10 km from Auronzo) to Tolmezzo (linea 440).