Reload this Page >

Getting around and skiing near Bern

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 07:53 PM
beth

I'll be visiting a friend who lives in Boll-Sinnergin, but I can't find it on any map. Will I be able to take a train or bus from BRN (Belp Airport) to Boll-Sinnergin? Also, where is the nearest place to go skiing? Thanks.

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 04:40 AM
s

beth, <BR>I found it nearly impossible to get information for you; I wonder if there is an alternate (German or French) spelling for the town. Anyway, here's what I found. <BR> <BR>The Berne city web site (www.berne.ch) has a link to the airport web site (www.alpar.ch), which is entirely in German. However, their "Partners" section includes a link to the airport taxi (www.cityinfo.ch/airporttaxi/), which has little more than phone numbers and fax numbers. You ought to call them to see if there are buses to Bern (or Belp) or to see how much a taxi to Bern (or Belp) might be. <BR> <BR>You can get rail information for the Bern - Boll-Sinnergin portion at www.rail.ch. BUT here's where I had the most trouble -- There is NO Boll-Sinnergin, NO Boll, and NO Sinnergin in the timetable data. That's why I think there may be an alternate name. <BR> <BR>Maybe call the Taxi Service and ask if they can locate the town, or ask your friend there for help. <BR> <BR>For skiing, the best and closest place will be the Berner Oberland. Try Wengen (www.wengen.ch -- but the web site has been down for weeks) and Grindelwald (www.grindelwald.ch). <BR> <BR>Perhaps someone who lives in Switzerland will see this and be able to help. I'll write back if I come up with anything more. <BR> <BR>s

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 08:33 AM
wes fowler

Beth, <BR>I checked Michelin Map 427 for Switzerland and found no Boll-Sinnergin; also checked the Hallwag map for Berne and its immediate surroundings to no avail, however there is a Bolligen in Berne's northeast suburbs. The airport is southeast of Berne; if in fact Bolligen is the place you're looking for it appears there is bus/tram service from the Bahnhof in center city but not directly from the airport.

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 10:21 PM
t

t

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 11:15 AM
Phil

Beth: <BR> <BR>I found it: Boll-Sinneringen is an eastern suburb of Bern (part of the Commune of Stettlen). <BR> <BR>The nearest train stop to Sinneringen is Boll-Utzigen on the local railway line to Worb. There seems to be no bus line to Sinneringen proper, but I can't be sure, as the local bus and train company does not support a website. <BR> <BR>There are buses (run by Airport Taxi) leaving BRN for the main railway station 10 minutes after the arrival of each flight at this *tiny* airport. Travel time is about 20 minutes and the one-way fare is 14.00 Francs (about US$ 8,00). <BR> <BR>From the lower floor at the main railway station there are regional trains running to Boll-Utzigen every 30 minutes leaving at the quarters before and after the hour. Travel time is 18 Minutes. Unfortunately, I was not able to get informations about the fare. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps, have a good trip. <BR> <BR>Phil