Reload this Page >

GERMANY IN EUROPE: NEED URGENT ADVICE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 11:59 PM
CHUCK

Any you guys travelled in Germany? I need some more advice on this country, as I'm making my first trip in October. I'll be arriving in Frankfert and will have a 8 days out there, I plan renting a car and touring around. Is it safe to drive round? Do most of the natives speak English? and what are hygenic conditions like. Let me know what it's like. <BR>Thanks guys

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 01:56 AM
hmmm

Haven't you posted this before? If you do a search you'll find the previous answers

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 05:00 AM
Karl

Chuck <BR>You must be very careful as the natives can get very restless. The natives, with their quaint customs, can be quite amusing to us civilized types, but you must never, never try to photograph them while they are performing their colorful rituals. These include drinking huge glasses of beer, eating pretzels and loud singing. <BR> <BR>I would also advise against driving in Germany, as the natives are not up to the same level of driving skills as we here in the USA. My best advice would be to always take the Autobahn and make sure you stay in the left lane and never exceed 100 Kph (60 Mph). That will mark you as a native and win the everlasting respect and friendship of the natives. <BR> <BR>As far as hygenic conditions, you will find the natives to be friendly but smelly. Showers and bath tubs are quite hard to find, and if you really want to fit into the culture, plan on bathing in the nearest stream each morning. Or you can do as the natives and never bathe, just splash on extra after shave lotion to hide the smell. <BR> <BR>Yes, you will find Germany to be a quaint and backward country, and if you are lucky you might find at least one native that speaks a little English.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 06:45 AM
JJ

Good thing Chuck clarified that he was visiting the Germany in Europe <BR>

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 11:01 AM
Bob

Be very careful driving on the autobahns. Many still have pot holes left over from the bombing in WWII. You will be acosted by beggars, but do not give them anything. No one speaks English, so you must learn German before you go. They all love Hershey candy bars, so take plenty for barter.All the beer is warm due to lack of refrigeration in the bars. Take your own telephone as some communication lines have not been repaired yet. Other than that, have a great trip!

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 07:02 AM
togoboy

Boy Chuck, did you get whipped into shape!! I actually feel a little sorry for you. <BR> <BR>Assuming your question was serious, I hope you have/had a nice time. I also hope you got the jist of what the others were trying to tell you.

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 07:51 AM
Angela

Try not to feel too sorry for him. He has posted this same (more or less) posting a couple of times since I have been here. If indeed he is serious in asking these questions then I worry about the educational system in the country he comes from and the view of the world that he has been brought up with. <BR>Actually I think Chuck is probably German (judging by the posting time)and the posting is sarcasm.

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 08:02 AM
Hans

Wir begrüßen Sie zu unserem wundervollen Land. Bitte seien Sie immer sicher, in den linken Weg des Autobahn und nie über 60 Kmph, als wir anzutreiben Deutsche wie das viel. Seien Sie auch sicher, Grosse Bier zu trinken, also können Sie unsere eindeutigen Toiletten besuchen. Haben Sie Spaßklemme.