Germany & Austria PLEASE HELP !!!

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Germany & Austria PLEASE HELP !!!

I have recently planned a trip to Germany & Austria for September 17 - October 4 (16 days). I will be arriving in Munich and departing from Munich. I planned the trip this way so that I could see some of Munich prior to Oktoberfest --> leave before it begins --> spend close to two weeks traveling --> come back and experience Oktoberfest for the final two days --> leave from Munich and travel home. I have read MANY great recommendations members have for traveling in this region. I am just torn on where exactly to go and what cities would be best to stay. I plan on staying in Munich the first two days. Then to Fussen to see the castles. I have heard good and bad things about Innsbruck, so that is up in the air. Salzburg is a must. Vienna will be 4 days. Possibly Prague for 3 days. Then back to Munich for final two days to experience Oktoberfest --> Then home. Please help me with my itinerary. I am looking for great day trips as well. Nothing in my itinerary is set in stone right now (other than my flights), so I am very open to any suggestions.

Thank you so much.....

GreekGazoo
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 11:33 AM

Do you have reservations for a Munich hotel? Trade shows and conventions are booking the hotels that week of Sept.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 11:41 AM
ira

Hi GG,

> I plan on staying in Munich 2 days.
Then to Fussen to see the castles. Salzburg is a must.
Vienna will be 4 days.
Possibly Prague for 3 days.
Then back to Munich for 2 days.<

Add one day to Munich at the front to visit Fuessen - 2 hr by train 20E each way.

Add one day to Munich at the back to visit the Oktoberfest.

Salzburg is worth 3 days.

Add whatever is left over to Prague.

Now concentrate on finding hotels in Munich in Sept/Oct.

Enjoy your visit.

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 11:43 AM

Welcome to Fodors! A little direction: In order to bring up your past posts, you simply click on your User Name, Greekgazoo...) way at the top of the page, next to the word "Welcome." You don't need to repost the same message. Your messages will sink to the bottom of the page, then to the next page as time goes on (50 messages per page), clicking on your User Name will let you know if there have been replies.

Have fun in Rome on Christmas Eve!
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Oops, please disregard my good wishes for your New Year's eve in Rome. I replied to the wrong thread.

Have a great time in Germany and Austria