Reload this Page >

Georgian House Hotel?

Search

Georgian House Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 07:27 AM
Margie

Georgian House Hotel?

I found this place Georgian House Hotel near Victoria. Looks clean (from website pix) and has a great price. Anyone ever been there? What did you think? Thanks.

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 04:31 AM
r. ware

Margie <BR>Find another place. Stayed there last spring. A real rat trap. <BR>Randy

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Lee

HI Randy, <BR>Can you give me a bit more information on this hotel? Was it really awful? Was it not clean? I read some good reviews on it and was thinking of staying here. I'd appreciate any information. <BR>Lee

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Margie

Yes Randy-- PLEASE tell us more. What exactly was the problem? <BR>M

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 09:25 PM
Margo

I would also love to know. I stayed there for one night and had no problem. <BR>WI <BR>GEORGIAN HOUSE: 87 Gloucester Place. <BR>Tel: 020-79352211. Fax: 020-74867535. <BR>E-mail: [email protected] (19 rms., 11 w/toilet & bath or shower.) £80 single; £100 double; £115 triple; £140 quad. Continental buffet breakfast (8-9:30am, includes, ham, cheese, boiled eggs, cereal, toast & yogurt) is included in the rates & served in a charming lower-level breakfast rm. Visa, MC, AX. Charming modern town house hotel w/tastefully furnished & identically decorated nice-size rms., TV, phones, #10 & 6 both have double beds, showers w/toilets & tiny windows that face the back; #17 (2 twin beds & faces the street) has private bathroom w/bathtub outside the rm.; #16 (2 twin beds) has private bathroom w/bathtub outside the rm.; #8 (2 twin beds & faces the back) has private bathroom w/bathtub outside the rm.; #1 is a ground-flr. rm. w/3 twin beds, bathroom w/bathtub & faces the street; #3 is a ground-flr. large rm. w/3 twin beds, bathroom & faces the back; #5 is a large rm. w/double bed, twin bed, high ceiling, bathroom w/bathtub & balcony w/2 floor-to-ceiling windows that face the street; #15 is a large rm. w/3 twin beds, bathroom w/bathtub & faces the back; #18 is a top-flr. rm. w/double bed, twin bed, bathroom w/bathtub & hand-held shower & faces street; #9 &14 both w/bathrooms can accommodate three people; #2 is a ground-flr. large rm. w/double bed, 2 twin beds, bathroom & faces the back; tea/coffee makers in each rm., elevator (shuts down between 10:30pm-7:30am), 4 flrs. & lower level. Owned & managed by Sam Popat & Nick Damji. Cross St.: Crawford St. Tube: Baker Street. <BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 05:20 AM
Lee

Margo.... I believe we are talking about a different Georgian House Hotel. Margie mentioned ...near Victoria, so I'm assuming she ment the one on St George Drive. This si the one I'm interested it. Randy...more info please...which one did you stay in..and what were the problems. <BR>Lee

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 06:41 AM
s.fowler

The one Margo has so thoughtfully cut and pasted from ehr book is a different one. I stayed at the Gloucester Pl. one way back in the 70s. It was kind of funky and fun back then. Perfectly safe and reasonably well located. My main memory [other than the hirusute(sp.?) sisters that ran it back then] was watching the worlds cup on the "telly" in the badement breakfast room, which had red flocked wallpaper! I haven't chosen to go back there because I prefer the British Museum 'hood. I have seen their current web page. Looks quite spiffy actually

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 08:38 AM
Dorris

Please clarify. Is the Georgian House Hotel on St. Georges ok? This will be first trip to England and booked room there. Thanks!

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Margie

Hey Everyone-- I should have mentioned the address at the start-- Yes I am interested in the Georgian House Hotel on St Georges Drive. Rick Steves lists it in his book. I know it won't be fancy because it is cheap, but I was hoping it was at least clean....does ANYBODY know for sure? Randy where ARE you? <BR>M

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Mary

Hi all, <BR> <BR>My family and I stayed at the Georgian House Hotel (near Victoria) for one night a couple of years ago. The hotel was fine, but not great. I found it to be clean, and the breakfast was the standard english breakfast. Our bathroom was very tiny, but servicable. We were on the 3rd or 4th floor (can't remember for sure now) and there weren't any lifts so be prepared to haul your own bags up the stairs. I have gone back to London since and didn't stay there again. Not that I wouldn't, just wanted to try something different. All in all, the location was ideal, rooms were clean, the food decent. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps, <BR> <BR>Mary

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 06:47 AM
Dorris

Thanks, Mary. The clean part was my conern. <BR>Dorris

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Lee

Mine too! Thanks Mary. <BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Margie

Same here. Thanks Mary! <BR> <BR>M

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 01:13 PM
bb

Anyone got anymore info on this place?

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Dorris

Do a text search on "Georgian House." I finally wised up and did that and got consensus that it is plain but clean. Hope that helps.