Gatwick North to National Express Stop

Aug 4th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Gatwick North to National Express Stop

We land at 06.25 at Gatwick North Terminal and need to catch the National Express coach to bring us back home. Do you think we are likely to be off the plane and through customers in time to catch a coach at 08.00 or are we cutting it too fine.
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM

Probably OK for a scheduled flight but might be a bit tight for a charter flight

How long would you have to wait for the next bus home?
Aug 4th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Original Poster

It is a charter flight - our next direct coach would be 10.50 (there is one at 9.40, but this waits 55 mins at Gatwick south before coming back to the north terminal, so in essence, it would actually be the 10.50) - I don't really want to push it too tight as the flight could be delayed, we might take a while through customs (although we'll have nothing to declare) and we've never been to Gatwick before, so don't really know where we're going. I suppose we'll just have to twiddle our thumbs for a few hours.
Aug 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM

I'd book the later bus and if you do get through early see if you can get onto the earlier coach
Aug 5th, 2007, 02:03 AM

National Express are fairly flexible with tickets and times, provided there is room on the coach.

In your circumstances, I would book the later coach. If you are through arrivals early, you can always see if there is room on the earlier coach.

Better that than book the early coach, miss it, and then find that the later one is full.
Aug 5th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, now that you put it that way, I think that's what we'll do - good thinking. Thanks for all your help.