Search

Gatwick Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gatwick Airport

I would like to connect from Delta to an Easy Jet flight to Edinburgh... does anyone know how much time is needed to go from one to the other? Also, would one have to go to the ticket counter at Easy Jet and then go to the departure gate? It seems I can get a cheaper flight by going from Cincinnti to London and then buying an Easy Jet flight separate... I'd be much obliged with any help you can offer... Thanks
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 06:25 AM

Can't tell you about the transfer time, but make sure you leave plenty of time. If your Delta flight is delayed and you miss the easyjet flight, easyjet will make you buy a new ticket. They won't just put you on a later flight for free.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 06:43 AM

And yes, you will have to check-in at EasyJet counter no later than 30 minutes before the flight(even if the flight is late) as they will deny boarding and you will need to purchase another ticket as per the previous post.<BR>I would guess 1.5 hour total would be needed for smooth transfer. About 1/2 hour for passport, 1/2 hour for transfer to the other terminal, and at least 1/2 hour EasyJet check-in rule.<BR>Have a great trip!
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot both of you... it will make it much smoother if I know what I'm doing.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 12:12 PM

Just getting to the customs area at Gatwick is like a rat's maze depending on the arrival gate. We walked for what seemed like days through winding corridors. It probably took us at least 40 minutes from the time we stepped off the plane until we were through customs. And the lines at customs were incredibly short. I'd hate to imagine how long it might take if they were truly busy.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 01:36 PM

Heidi, I think you will need much more time than 1 1/2 hrs. On arrival in London you will have to go through customs. A Delta flight will probably have more Americans than Brits so it will take longer to get through customs. Then you'll have to claim luggage. Then you may have to change terminals (try checking on the Gatwick website or with the airlines to see whether they're in different terminals). THEN check in at Easy Jet counter &amp; check luggage, then passport control, then security, then get to gate. I'd leave a minimum fo 2 hrs &amp; preferably more, just to be safe.