Reload this Page >

gastronomically challenged at Amalfi Coast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 1999, 01:12 PM
rich glasner

We are staying in Positano for 5 nights and will be traveling around the Amalfi Coast. Looking for good, but reasonably priced meals. Suggestions. Also, recommendations welcome for places to buy interesting ceramics in the area. TIA

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 04:26 AM
Barbara

<BR>Our favorites in Positano are da Vincenzo and Il Mulino, and in Ravello, Cumpa' Cosimo. You will run into ceramics shops everywhere you go, but, in my opinion, the best are in Ravello, where they are all along one little street. Shipping is reliable.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 07:13 AM
lola

You will get good, reasonably-priced meals at just about any local restaurant along the coast. Pasta and pizza are tops, seafood great, but sometimes expensive. Generally, stay away from the hotel dining rooms; they often cater to German tastes and are not as good as the mamma and pappa places. In Positano, O'Guarracino is perhaps the prettiest pizza place in the word. Il Grotino Azzuro is where locals eat, up the hill. In Amalfi, both Al Pesce d'Oro and Lo Smeraldino are low-cost and yummy. In Ravello, aside from Cumpa' Cosimo, love La Colonna, and Salvatore has a great view--and low prices.

Old Oct 31st, 1999, 06:33 AM
Michelle

I totally agree with Barbara. Da Vincenzo is an excellent restaurant. We ate there 2 out of three nights - food is excellent and prices are reasonable.

Old Nov 1st, 1999, 04:05 AM
Monica

My husbands' cousin and wife took us around the Amalfi coast May 1998. We had a wonderful time seeing the sights. We enjoyed a marvelous lunch in Nerano, which is west of Amalfi. You wind down the road to the waterfront. There is also a hotel. I have this information on my personal travel web site: http://sites.netscape.net/monicapileggi/homepage.