Reload this Page >

Gasoline Prices?

Search

Gasoline Prices?

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2001, 05:07 PM
Duke

Gasoline Prices?

Many of you might think of this as nonsense, but I just want to know what to expect. <BR> <BR>The gas prices here in the midwest in the U. S. are getting to point where they are outrageous, so I'm wondering what the prices are in Germany, France and England? We are going to be in at least two of those places in July. <BR> <BR>Please reply here or e-mail me if you wish. <BR> <BR>I know, if I have the money for the plane fare, money for renting a car and motel room for Paris, I should be able to afford gasoline prices. Right. But I just want to know what the current prices are and if you know what I can expect by the time the middle of July gets here. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old May 4th, 2001, 11:50 PM
Sjoerd

Right now in Europe you pay between 90 euro cents and 1.4 euros per litre. (that is approximately between US$ 3 and US$ 4.30 per US gallon) <BR>Nobody knows what will happen between now and July.

Old May 5th, 2001, 04:23 AM
Paul

The price in the U.K. at present is <BR>76-80 pence per litre. <BR> <BR>You think the price is outrageous over there? You don't know how lucky you are!!

Old May 5th, 2001, 05:35 AM
Lisa

Does anyone know if you can pay for gas in France with a credit card or will I have to carry a bundle of cash around?

Old May 5th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Duke

Thanks to everybody for the responses. It sounds like it will be a little more expensive to drive than I originally thought. But it's still within the budget. <BR> <BR>Thanks again.

Old May 5th, 2001, 05:15 PM
Alec

Lisa <BR>You can pay for gas in France with credit card (usually only Visa or Mastercard), provided the station is manned. There are few 24 hour places except on autoroutes and in major cities. Many stations have self-serve pumps which operate with a card, but only a French card is accepted as it has an imbedded chip. Only some hypermarkets (cheapest place to get fuel) have a minimum limit of 100FF or so for card use. We tend to combine fuel purchase with trips to hypermarkets to get best price and not to be caught out with low fuel at night.

Old May 5th, 2001, 07:24 PM
Lisa

thanks Alec