Gas Prices in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 07:59 PM
Richard

Gas Prices in Europe

Searched with out luck. Price of petrol?<BR>Euro per Litre<BR>Thanks

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 08:49 PM
Harzer

I'll have a guess on the basis of what I paid in D-Mark in Germany last June:<BR><BR>1 Euro a liter.<BR><BR>Harzer

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 09:02 PM
Richard

France?<BR>Switzerland?

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 09:45 PM
Cameron

roughly $4-5 equivalent per gallon.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 09:55 PM
Florence

In Geneva, 0,90 / litre. Price can vary slightly in other parts of Switzerland.<BR><BR>In France (around Geneva), 0,99 / litre.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:10 AM
Lesley

It's different in each country. The only constant is that it will be more than you pay in USA.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:29 AM
Dick

I was in Austria, Bavaria and northern Italy a month ago and the prices were running about .91 Euro for benzin (unleaded regular). That converts to about US$3.10 per US gallon.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 04:08 AM
Bob Brown

You will pay more for gasoline, or diesel fuel in Europe, as indicated, but the cars as a general rule get better fuel efficiency. We drove a 5 speed Opel Astra a good distance over a week's time in Austria, Germany, and Italy, and spent relatively little on gas.<BR>Frankly, the cost of fuel is the least of your worries. You might well pay more for parking, highway tolls, and taxes to rent the vehicle!! I know we left our car in a parking deck in Salzburg for about 6 hours and it cost us about $10 to get out!! <BR><BR> <BR>On the other hand, train travel is not cheap either, particularly if 4 people are together!!<BR><BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 06:21 AM
Jim

Richard,<BR>Go to:<BR>http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/fuel/motfue001.html<BR>You will get prices for gas/diesel fuel in the currencies of the respective European countries.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:57 AM
angel

Yes, parking downtown in major european cities is definitely expensive & sometimes hard to find! The higher (than US) price of gas or diesel fuel is not a big deal compared to the other costs of driving a car.<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:34 AM
tania

Three weeks ago, in Monaco and Nice, we paid on average 0,76 E per litre for gazole (diesel). In Canada today, I paid 69,3 cents per litre so it is roughly double the price.<BR><BR>On the other hand, we had a 5 speed Passat and it cost us 38 euros to drive 800 km. Not bad at all...it all depends on your attitude. <BR><BR>As Bob Brown mentioned, the highway tolls are steep and so is the parking. However, the Centre Commercial in Monaco, just around the Palace, had free parking for the first hour, just enough time for us to get groceries (and wine of course) at Carrefour, the supermarket. (We stayed at a local timeshare on Cap d'Ail on exchange so it was very convenient.)<BR>