Gare d'Austerlitz, luggage storage and getting to CDG

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are headed to the Dordogne in a rental car tomorrow, and will be returning it to Brive next Friday. We are then taking the train to Paris, arriving in the Gare d'Austerlitz ~ 1-2 PM. We are spending the night at the airport Hilton, to make an early plane on Saturday morning, but would love to spend a few hours and eat in Paris.
Does anyone know if it is currently possible to store luggage at the Gare d'Austerlitz? And is it fairly easy to get from there to the RER B going out to CDG? I think the nearest stop is Luxembourg. We could take a taxi after dinner and just eat the cost (so to speak). Is it a foolish notion to go out to the Hilton at CDG, drop all our stuff and then go BACK into Paris, making an extra round trip?
thanks for any help!
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes there is luggage storage, outside on the west (?) side of the station - look for "Consignes" or lockers sign.

Austerlitz, which is currently being completely renovated, to CDG:

From Austerlitz there are two ways:

1-Take RER C one stop west from Austerlitz to Notre-Dame-Saint-Michel station and transfer there to RER B trains that will take you directly to the airport.

2-slightly quicker but more complex with bags, take the metro from Austerlitz to Gare du Nord and transfer to RER B trains there.

I've been debating with my French relatives who live in Orleans and go the Austerlitz-CDG route often and they claim the metro way is quicker - but with baggage i'd go the RER C to RER B route as these are bigger trains for luggage, etc. But if it's not rush hour old metro route is OK - but transfer at Gare du Nord can be confusing so i'd just transfer off RER C at Notre-Dame-Saint-Michel and end up in the airport.