Galway to Killarney

Mar 31st, 2002, 01:11 PM
Too Tall

Galway to Killarney

Driveing from Galway to Killarney with tours of The Burren & Cliffs of Moher, car ferry in Kilrush to Tarbert, then into Tralee. My question would it be too much to also see the Dingle Penn. and then go into Killarney. Or is that too much for one day? We only have one day in Killarney and there just seems to be to much to see in the area. Our next night will be in Kinsale.

Mar 31st, 2002, 02:30 PM
Whoosh

Too Tall, are you serious?

Mar 31st, 2002, 03:35 PM
John

Hi Too Tall,

Yes . . . too much to include the Dingle Penn; unless you just plan to drive, drive, drive and not stop to smell the roses anywhere during the day.

You may want to consider changing your destination to Dingle (instead of Killarney) for the night to get that taste of Dingle - which is worthwhile.

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:54 AM
Bill

It's WAY too much unless you don't plan to get out of the car from sunrise to sunset. That includes meals.....eat in the car.

I would say that each area (the cliffs & burren, Dingle, and Killarney) all require a full day AT A MINUMUM. None-the-less, you could catch a quick peek at the cliffs on your way to Killarney.

I agree with John, I lean towards the Dongle pen. over the Ring of Kerry. More compact with lots too see.

Bill

Apr 1st, 2002, 09:04 AM
cd

My suggestion would be to drive from Galway to Doolin to see the Cliffs of Moher and then thru the Burren and instead of Killarney, which is just another city, stay in the Dingle Peninsula and drive the Conor Pass and Slea Head drive which is beautiful! You will get such a kick out of the roads!