Fuel protest part 2

Dec 1st, 2018, 12:38 AM
Original Poster

Fuel protest part 2

I have not politicised the comments unfortunately others have unfortunately chosen to do that. Thus the original thread was closed.Which is shame others on similar subjects have not been.
It is important that those who choose to take vacations in Europe choose wisely about where they go and what transportation they use.
A member thought that this protest was originally limited to Paris have not understood the situation. Whilst protests have not been quite so much in the headlines in the first day several French died.
another member thought that these protests would not spread. I have read that there is a will of those involved want to push this protest into other countries.
I am unable to confirm if that news is correct.
However it is certainly planned to hold more protest in France this weekend.
I do not know how someone who has never met with such a protest would react.

Dec 1st, 2018, 01:10 AM

[QUOTE=ribeirasacra;16833397
another member thought that these protests would not spread. I have read that there is a will of those involved want to push this protest into other countries.
[/QUOTE]

That's not the impression I'm getting. Other groups in other countries are taking inspiration and forming their own protests but the French protesters aren't crossing borders.

When the French soldiers returns from the American revolutionary war and that in part led to the French revolution. An idea is hard to kill
Dec 1st, 2018, 02:17 AM
Original Poster

What is it with members on this forum? You really like to dilute the information with no issues,
On other forums they discuses the protest of the gilet jaunes with a sensible attitude. What it means to those who want to take a vacation now or in the near future.
Dec 1st, 2018, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Here are the notices from the public transport for Paris.
Stations closes, bus service disruptions sort of things.
https://www.ratp.fr/travaux-manifest...manifestations
If you need to find out where the other blockages in France are twitter would be a source of information to use.
Protests now in Den Haag, Netherlands too. However it seems to not to amount too much of a gathering.
https://nos.nl/artikel/2261579-polit...houdingen.html
Dec 1st, 2018, 06:17 AM

Are you advertizing the end of the world as we know it or do you really believe that you have a mission to say loud and clear what everybody else considers as a non event ? It is a revolution for you ?
Where have you been lving the last several decades ?
In a country where there has never been a protest ?

If other forums do discuss wisely the glilets jaunes, why don't you stay on these forums ?

This is my last post on these kind of subjects, I find it a total waste of time to have total stranger, whose eduction or knowledge or the situation is known unto them only express opinions that everybody can read in any other non travel related forum ! I hope mods will close these threads, that bring absolutely nothing, except to show that some people love to spread rumours and instill fear in people who would be so cowards as to cancel holidays due to some protests.

Avoid the world, it is a dangerous place could be the title of this thread...
Dec 1st, 2018, 07:36 AM

I am in total agreement with thibaut. If the gilets jaunes scare you, lock yourself up at home and don't go anywhere. Maybe get a semi-automatic to protect yourself. The world is a frightfully dangerous place.

Sure, read the news and keep yourself informed, but honestly, what a tempest in a teapot.