Reload this Page >

From Seville to Granada

Search

From Seville to Granada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Michael

From Seville to Granada

Hi: <BR> <BR>I really enjoy this forum. I have planned my week in Spain from information on this forum. I just have one question that I could not find the answer to. I'm driving from Seville to Granada on March 15. Unfortunately I'm having trouble locating a car company who has any automatic's available. I have never driven a stick and My wife has driven in a stick, but she in not very comfortable. Is the drive from Granada to Seville difficult. She is concerned about driving on steep, narrow and/ or curvey roads. Sorry if this has been asked before, but if this is a difficult drive, is there any public transportation for this route? <BR> <BR>Thanks for any advice.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Irene

Hi, i was just in spain 2 weeks ago. we drove from Seville to Granada and back. We drove via Cordoba, which is a nice stop. We rented an automatic from Avis. The drive isn't difficult, but try not to drive in the city. There are many one way narrow streets. But driving on the highway is fine. Hope that helps!

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Jon

I made that drive last June. The drive between the cities is easy. It gets more difficult when you get inside the cities. It is very easy to get lost, there are a lot of one-way streets, and there are not a lot of street signs in Granada.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 03:37 PM
rbw

I second Avis. We rented an automatic from them in Sevilla for a drive to Granada 2 weeks ago. Book it on the phone before you leave. The highway is scenic and easy- getting in and out of the cities isa bit tricky but we managed and so will you. Enjoy!

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 05:37 PM
steve

The bus trip from Sevile to Granada is one of my most unusual memories of spain in 1970. The ride took 5 hours. The bus stopped in each village and would think nothing of stopping every 100 yards if someone wanted to get on or off. Of course, there was at least one lady with a live chicken with its head sticking out of a plastic bag. And the most amazing thing is that we arrived at the exact SECOND that we were scheduled.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 06:30 PM
Lola

I was in Spain last year and took the bus from Granada to Sevilla. The bus was nice and comfortable with the ride taking approximately 3 hours (if I remember correctly). Unlike Steve's experience, it did not make any unusual stops. I truly enjoyed the scenic ride.

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 01:25 PM
xxx

Shouldn't have a problem. I hadn't driven a stick in years and was fine. Maybe try to leave/arrive Seville at off times so you're not at the height of rush hour. Granada has some steep hills (if you're staying at or around the parador) but the streeps are narrow so you go slow anyways. Definitely wouldn't want to drive in Madrid though!