Reload this Page >

From Naples to Positano

Search

From Naples to Positano

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 09:46 AM
KatiJo

From Naples to Positano

Buon Giorno. A friend and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks the end of September. We have all our reservations and plans made except for one thing. Does anyone know the best way to get from the train station in Naples to Positano? And then once there, would we be better off to rent a driver for a day to go see Ravello or take public transportation? We'll be in Positano for a week. Any other suggestions as for as sightseeing? Thanks! <BR>Ciao <BR>

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 09:52 AM
meg

You can take the train from Naples to Sorrento (Vesuviana railway)next to the main railway station.It's a private rail line see www.vesuviana.it <BR>You then take the bus to Positano- the stop is right outside the station. You will have a wonderful view of the coastline (sit on the right of the bus. If you want to go to Ravello- and it's a must, you can either take the bus from Positano to Amalfi and then another bus up to Ravello. Or boat trip from Positano to Amalfi and then the bus. Enjoy!

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 01:23 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Have your hotel send a driver for you. They do it all the time---about $100.

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Suzanne

Does the second bus go from Ravell to Salerno? After visiting Amalfi coast, I would like to catch the train from Salerno to Rome.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 08:11 AM
KatiJo

Thanks for the info! A boat to Amalfi sounds divine and lots of fun. We are so looking forward to this trip and ALL this information in this chat room has given me lots of good advice. Thanks to all. I'll be back!