from airport into city - rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - I am flying into Fiumicino airport (arrving at 8am on Monday), and am trying to decide what is the best way to get into the city (to Termini).<BR><BR>Any thoughts? Hotel offers transfer, but it sounds expensive at $57 EUR.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Monica
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:25 PM

Hi Monica. What does &quot;best&quot; mean to you? <BR><BR>If it means least expensive, take the train to Termini. (That's what we did, and we found it to be a perfectly fine way to go.) <BR><BR>If it means most convenient -- and you don't mind paying more -- then take a taxi or hotel shuttle.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Capo,<BR>Thanks for the reply - bottom line probably is cost, but I wasn't sure how the crowds would be at that time (do they have rush hour like they do here around DC?). <BR><BR>Going by train - about how much did it cost you? Is there a station right there at the airport?<BR><BR>Monica
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:43 PM

Monica, yes, the station is right at the airport and, we thought, was very easy to find. As I recall, the cost was approximately $10 per person (this was two years ago.) <BR><BR>Unless a number of wide-body jets all land at one time, I'm not sure about there being a &quot;rush hour&quot; at the airport train station.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:46 PM

www.limoservicerome.com is 35 E for transfer..if there are 2 of you that may be less than the train plus taxi to your hotel
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:57 PM

I just booked with Limo Service Rome and the cost was $42. Euros for up to 3 people. There are two of us, so it's of course more than the train would be but a lot more convenient. They were very helpful in the process of making the reservation. Also, if you do a search on Limo Service Rome, you'll find very good reviews of the service they provide.