Reload this Page >

Friends of Bill W.

Search

Friends of Bill W.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 04:06 PM
Jack F

Friends of Bill W.

Hi, <BR> I'm celebrating my 29th. year in the Program in Nov. We'll be in Venice Oct. 27 and leave the morning of Oct. 31st. Then off to Cinque Terra for 5 nights. Last year I couldn't find a meeting in Venice - if anyone is a friend of Bill's and would like to meet for dinner in either locale - let me know. <BR>Jack

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 05:39 PM
Bob Brown

I will not be there, but I wish I could be to help you enjoy a very special time. Perhaps a power greater than we will restore this world to sanity. <BR>

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 06:27 AM
xxx

Topping for possible interested friends.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 06:42 AM
sera

I would think there's an English-speaking group in Venice. Call World Headquarters in NYC, let them know you're a member and the date you're leaving the states, and they should put a directory in the mail to you ASAP. They might want a written request, but they act on requests for information very quickly. Good luck!

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 07:04 AM
Spider

I don't want to sound naive, but who exactly is Bill W.? I've heard this reference before, but I never knew what it meant.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Book Chick

Spider, <BR>Bill W was the co-founder of AA. There was a film about his life & I think he was portrayed by James Woods, his wife was portrayed by JoBeth Williams, and the co-founder of AA was portrayed by James Garner. Recovering alcoholics sometimes refer to themselves as "a friend of Bill W". <BR>BC